Thursday, May 20, 2010

Your Opinion

I recently read on another blog, that blogging was so 2008. In other words, it was a passing fad, no longer useful. They couldn't be more wrong. I personally think the blog is one of the best tools, for the average person on the street, to voice their opinion to the masses, no matter how controversial. Blogging may seem like a relatively new experience, but people have been voicing their opinions, in one way or another, for centuries.

When the printing press was invented, they had the opportunity to do what I am doing right now. Back then, though, I would have to write down what I wanted to say, find a local printer's shop, pay to have my fliers printed, and walk around, passing them out to whoever I could. If I was very fortunate, they might actually get taken to a nearby town. When we think about what we have now, we should feel very blessed.

We all have a God-given right to express ourselves. He has given us a mind to gather facts, to reason, and form an opinion. Everyone SHOULD be able to have their own opinion about anything they like. As a matter of fact, two people can take the same facts, and come to two totally different opinions. It all depends on their worldview. In some parts of the world, the government tries to suppress the ideas of their people. I suppose their reasoning is, if the people think too much, the government might lose control of them. In our country, we still have enough freedom to be able to constructively argue our point, and not be thrown in prison. How long that will last, is anybody's guess, though.

If the day comes that the Internet disappears, or goes out of style, (it could happen), men will come up with another way of spreading their views. The day we become silent on popular issues of the day, issues that affect our personal lives, will be the day we cease to be the thinking, civilized people, God created us to be. Edmund Burke is quoted as saying, "It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph". How true.

I thank God that I have the ability to type these few words, my opinions, and send them out for anyone to read. Even if these words only reach a few people, they are MY words, and MY thoughts. God gives me ideas, I filter them through the brain He has given me, and I distribute them.

In the beginning was the Word. The Word created the world by speaking it into existence. The spoken word is powerful, and in the end, the Word will triumph. amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment