Monday, May 24, 2010

Early Morning Fire
















I woke up at 5am and saw that our power had gone off sometime during the night. I looked outside and saw that all the street lights were out. It was pitch dark, except for a faint glow over the trees, a few blocks down from my house. I grabbed my camera, threw on some shoes, and headed towards it. When I got there, a house was totally engulfed in flames. The picture above shows what I saw. The picture below was taken this afternoon, when I got home from work. It turned out that not only did this house burn down, but two other houses around it were burned too. With all the empty houses in New Castle these days, we'll probably see more of this. Some people break into abandoned homes and use them for partying, and taking drugs. It's a sad state of affairs for this once quaint, little town.




No comments:

Post a Comment