Monday, May 3, 2010

Jennifer Knapp

I found out yesterday that one of my favorite Christian singers, Jennifer Knapp, admitted publicly to being a homosexual, and in a relationship. I was devastated, to say the least. I felt sick to my stomach. I have listened to everything I could find, that she has done. Her lyrics were very Bible based, and they really helped me when I listened to them.

She had sold over 1 million records, and received several Christian music awards, when she suddenly dropped out of sight. Her record company, nor her fans, knew what had happened to her. She now says that she moved to Australia for five years, living with her 'partner', and staying away from music. She finally decided to come back to the states and record another album, which comes out this month. I will try to listen to it, but don't know if I will actually purchase it. In a way, I think it would show approval of what she has done.

In case you haven't figured it out, I do not approve of the homosexual lifestyle, at all. I believe it to be a sin against God. He created us to be coupled, man and woman. Any other way is an abomination. I still have love for the woman and her music, but cannot condone the lifestyle. I will continue to pray for her, that God might prick her heart, and she might repent of this sin. With God, all things are possible.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Alan, homosexuality is a sin against Almighty God. We need to pray for her to be delivered from deception and lesbianism. May Jesus open her eyes to see what she needs to see in God's word.

    ReplyDelete