Sunday, May 23, 2010

Just A Short Concern

I thought I was done writing for the day, but something has been on my mind alot lately, and I just have to write it down. I will not be long, so please bear with me.

I have noticed more and more lately, that Christians are blending into society, into the world if you will, to the point that it's hard to pick them out of a crowd. I know that no one is perfect, and we all make mistakes. I am probably a prime example of this most of the time. But, I remember a time when it was just a given that Christians didn't gamble, use profanity, drink, etc. The scriptures tell us that when we are saved, the Holy Spirit comes in and cleans us up. He takes our old desires away, and makes us a new creation in Christ. I know for me, I used to use very bad language, I drank, smoked, etc. I have talked about this all before. Some of those things were gone immediately after the Lord saved me. Some of them took a little longer. But any time I failed, the Holy Spirit convicted me to the point that I would cry, and pray for God's forgiveness. I still fail Him from time to time, but the conviction is still there, so I try not to make the same mistakes twice.

We just really need to pray for each other, that we will not blend in, we will not conform to this world, but be transformed, by the renewing of our minds. The world will know we are His, when we show His love, and follow His commandments. If we don't experience change, or conviction, we need to seek His help. Okay, I'm done now. I just had to get this off my chest. "God bless us all. Please help us to be different, peculiar even. Amen".

No comments:

Post a Comment