Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco De Mayo

Today is Cinco De Mayo, whatever that is. I think it's the same as the Fourth of July, only different. So many holidays to remember. I barely remember my birthday. I'm pretty sure old age is creeping in.

I've had some serious thoughts running through my mind lately, and they don't all fit into a neat little category. So, here's a few of my thoughts. Carolyn and I love to watch those '48 Hour Mysteries', where you get to see all the gory details of a crime, and try to figure it out as you go. I have always been a fan of crime dramas, like Columbo (my favorite). The only thing I don't like about the 48 Hours show, is it's real. I will never understand how one human being, can kill another human being. It's not in my DNA to even slightly hurt someone, much less kill them. No matter how mad you get, you can always just walk away. We watched one a couple of days ago, where a man killed his wife, because she was going to leave him. He shot her in the head, in her bed, and left her there for their little boy to find her the next morning. How cold, and inhuman. But I still watch those shows, I guess, to try to see what people are capable of, when given the chance.

Death has always intrigued me. When I was a little boy, my grandpa used to read those crime magazines, where they showed actual crime scene photos. I would read them, and look at the pictures, and get really freaked out. But after awhile, I think I was de-sensitized to the grizly details of the murders. The funny thing is, after I got older, I started to get sick when I heard about anyone getting killed, or hurt. Now, if I hear a story on the radio, or see a story on TV, about someone getting hurt, especially a child, I tear up, and almost cry. I have grown to be very sensitive to others' pain. Not a bad thing, really.

Well, enough of the serious stuff. It's Cinco De Mayo. Be happy. Celebrate. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment