Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Oh Salvation (a poem)

I had an okay day today. Work was ok, except for the heat and humidity. When I got home, I got cleaned up to go to church, but I still wasn't feeling great. Carolyn has had some kind of sickness for the last two or three days. I'm hoping I'm not catching it. But anyway, when Carolyn got home, she did not feel like doing anything, so we both skipped church tonight. I really like the Wednesday night class, and choir practice, but we just couldn't imagine sitting with a bunch of people, feeling like we did. I hate missing both of those tonight.

There was one good thing that happened today. God was giving me some words yesterday to a poem. I got the rest of them today. It's short, and I call it, Oh Salvation. Here it is:

Oh Salvation, to the masses
Dream of every child of faith
Blind to race, and social classes
Deaf to angry shouts of hate.

Salvation knows no earthly boundaries
Salvation is for one and all
It helps you see, what you're life can be
When your back is pressed, against the wall.

Oh Salvation, gift from above
So simple and so freely given
Salvation is, and always was
For God knows, our desire to sin.

Salvation is our ticket home
Salvation is man's only way
To see God, and His only Son
And to know forever there you'll stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment