Monday, May 17, 2010

Mosque At Ground Zero

I read a column in the paper today by Diana West ( http://www.dianawest.net/ ). She was saying that there are plans for a new building to go up two blocks away from where the World Trade Center towers once stood. It will stand 13 stories high, and cost around $100 million dollars. The building will include a mosque. Yes, a mosque.

Now, I am not a racist, at all. I love people of all nationalities, colors, and religions. But, I do believe in evil. I believe there are some religions that are more demonic than godly. And, while I am on the subject, I don't believe all religions worship the same, true God.

I also believe in respect for the dead. Diana made a very good point in her column. Allowing there to be a mosque at Ground Zero, would be the same as us allowing the Japanese to build a Shinto shrine adjacent to Pearl Harbor after the bombing. To me, it's absolutely disgusting to allow such things to go on in the name of 'tolerance'. Tolerance tends to lead to ignorance.

What happened on Sept. 11, 2001, was a major, catastrophic event, that turned the policies, and politics of this country in a totally different, and dangerous, direction. At the beginning, I think anyway, we did the right thing. We went looking for the people responsible for the attacks. We did what we had to do to see justice done. In time though, we started worrying about what other people thought, how it might look to other nations. We started worrying that we were being too 'intolerant'. The government was accused of 'racial profiling', because they were looking just for Muslims, and those from that part of the world. This was done after the Pearl Harbor attack, rounding up all Japanese, and Asian people, whether they were American citizens or not. Whether it was the perfect thing to do or not, we were determined to protect our nation from another attack. We didn't care what anybody thought, or how it looked. We wanted justice. Oh, how I wish we still had the guts to do that today.

Tolerance has ruined what used to be a great nation. When we started to accept other beliefs into our country, and allowed them to have more favor than traditional Christianity, we loosened God's hand of protection over us. We will most assuredly pay the consequences. More car bombs, more threats, and less and less freedom. And now that we are going to loosen our restrictions on immigration, we are inviting more problems, like we need more.

I am not one of those extremist, sign-carrying, protesters, nor do I want to come across as one. But what I am, is a Christian, and a proud American. At my age, I have seen America go from a strong, respected, superpower in the world, to a nation that apologizes for our actions. We seem to be sorry for being so powerful. We used to stand out from all other nations. The reason for that, was because God raised us up, He protected us, and gave us favor, because we stood for His teachings, His morals, His standards of right and wrong. We no longer stand out. We are becoming just like everybody else. We are blending in. We accept anything now. Nothing is out of bounds. There is a saying that goes "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything". We are proof of that now. May God help us all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alan, I wasn't sure how to contact you so I decided to leave you a message. You won an upside down and backwards journal from my giveaway. I'll just need your mailing address to send it off to you. My email address is on my blog profile. Thanks so much for all of your support of my artwork....Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Brother!
    It hurts to see where our wonderful country is headed. Only through prayer and God's mercy will we see our country recover...
    I'm trying to do my part and I"m glad to see you doing yours! Excellent witness!
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete