Saturday, May 29, 2010

Nice Saturday

What a beautiful day it was. And it started out so late for us. We slept in until 11:30am!!! I couldn't believe it when I woke up and saw the clock. Granted, I didn't go to bed until 3:30am, but still. I usually don't sleep more than 6 hours a night. Oh well, I must have needed it.

After our hibernation, we got cleaned up and went to my niece's open house. I missed going to her graduation ceremony. It was at 11:00am. Oops. It was nice to see family today. I don't get to see them as much as I would like. That's the way it is with family though. It was also my other niece's 15th birthday. It only seems like a couple of years ago that these two girls were running around playing. Now, their working, and driving, and graduating from high school. How time flies. John Lennon said, "Life is what happens to you, while you're busy making other plans". We need to appreciate every day that God gives us. Each day, and each person we know, are blessings from Him. How we forget that sometimes.

After the open house, Carolyn and I took off for Muncie. Tomorrow is her birthday, and I wanted her to be able to buy some clothes for her. She hardly ever spends any money on herself. We shopped for a while, and then headed back to the big town of New Castle. When we got back into town, we stopped at Ming's Buffet for some Chinese food. As usual, Carolyn didn't eat very much, while I pigged out. After that, it was WalMart, and then home. A boring, but fun day.

I am so glad God gave me Carolyn. I tell her I don't deserve a woman like her, and she gives me that look. But it's true. I see her as such a blessing in my life. God knew what kind of woman would put up with me, and it was her. How she has stayed with me all this time, I'll never know. We could have fun just sitting and talking for hours. Or just going to the park and sitting, or swinging. We have so much fun together. Thank You God. I really don't deserve such a beautiful, understanding, and forgiving woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment