Friday, May 14, 2010

I Am Not Ashamed

I am a 51 year-old man, and work in a foundry. I like to do 'manly' things, all the time. I also cry at the drop of a hat. I do not apologize for this, and I am not ashamed either. I have not always been like this though.

On September 1, 1993, I asked God to forgive me of my sins, (and there were many), and save me. At the time, my biggest fear was dying in my sleep, and waking up in Hell. When He saved me, there was a massive weight lifted off of me. Little did I know what all He had in store for me. I was always concerned about me. I had an attitude. I used profanity, alot. I drank, smoked, and gambled. I was a mess. But, when God saved me, He changed me. If I see someone on TV who is hurting, or has had something bad happen to them, I hurt with them. I pray for them. And, yes, I cry with them. I also tell people that I love them. When I do this at work, I don't always get a good response back. Some people don't know how to answer. That's okay with me. I really do love them, I love everybody. Although there are some individuals I don't really LIKE, I still love them. I can't help it. It's the way He has made me.

The apostle Paul said, 'I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ'. He never apologized for showing love to his neighbors. He was never sorry for trying to share God's plan of salvation with everyone he met. Jesus said that if we are ashamed of Him, then He will be ashamed of us with His Father, and the angels. I will not be ashamed of the gospel of Christ. I will not apologize for telling others that I love them, and want them to be saved.

Our life down here is short. I am going to spend more time with my Father in Heaven, than I will spend down here. I will have to give an account for my life to Jesus, not the people around me. We must use the time that we have here, wisely. Live you life on purpose. Give purpose to your life. Do not be ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment