Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Stormy Thursday



Wow!!! What a day for weather. The day started out with fairly good weather on the way to work. That is, until I made it half-way there. The sky started getting darker, and I saw lightning up ahead of me. Then, the rain started. It was crazy. I had my wipers on high, and I had to slow down to about 40 mph just to stay on the road. After I got to work, the power went off in our shop. Unfortunately, it only stayed off for a few minutes. After about another half hour, the rain went away.


The rest of the work day went great. The weather was fine, and bearable. After work, though, was a different story. I stopped off in Dunreith to check out some sales at an antique store. I looked around for about 20 minutes, and found nothing. When I left the store, I was shocked. The sky was a scary, dark grey, and I could hear the thunder rumbling. I texted Carolyn, and she told me to be careful, there was a bad storm in New Castle. Great. Within 5 minutes, I was driving through the worst storm I can remember driving through in quite some time. Everybody was slowed down to a crawl, and some people were pulled off on the side of the road. After some hectic moments, I finally made it into town, and the rain finally subsided. Most of the roads were flooded, and I was told that power lines were down on Rd. 38. I was SO glad to be home. I took my shower and stayed in the rest of the night. Thank You God for Your protection. It could have been so much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment