Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Boring Day



Today was kind of a boring day. I had to go back to work this morning, (joy, joy). It was nice being off for three days, even thought it seemed like one and a half. I hurt like an old man when I got up. My body got out of the habit of rising early. It doesn't take very long to get out of the habit, apparently. Work went ok. I was on a grinder today, and went over my rate for the day. I don't know where the energy came from, (well, I do, really), but I'm glad I had it. It made the day go by much faster.

After work, I came straight home and started mowing the yard. It was WAY too hot to mow, but it had to be done, and I didn't see anybody else volunteering to do it. After I got done mowing our yard, I went ahead and mowed the neighbor's yard. It needed it, and I did have the extra gas. After two yards, I was totally exhausted. I thought I was going to pass out. Fortunately, we have the central air conditioning on in the house. I came in and turned it to about 68 degrees. It felt nice. That, and a long shower, made me feel much better.

After supper, Adam and his girlfriend, Kara, brought us both a small Blizzard from Dairy Queen. It was an unexpected surprise. I haven't had Dairy Queen since last year sometime. What a way to end the day. Thank You God for a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment