Sunday, April 18, 2010

Church News

Its been two weeks since we announced we were leaving Smyrna Missionary Baptist Church. Last week we attended a local Baptist church, which will remain nameless at this time. It was a very friendly church, and we felt welcomed enough, but it just wasn't what we were hoping for. It was too structured for our liking. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it was a bad church, or a bad service. It just wasn't us. We like a little more freedom during the worship service. Freedom to shout, say 'AMEN', etc. I like a more interactive church service, I guess.

We went to Smyrna last night for a Gospel singing. We sang three songs, and then stayed and listened to everybody else sing. It was a good night. There were several good testimonies about what God is doing in the lives of His people. He is such a good, and awesome God.

We are going to visit Grand Avenue Baptist Church today. I will be writing more about that later. I think I am going to make a page specifically about our church visits. More later, Lord willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment