Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Getting Better All The Time

Well, now it's been two weeks since my shoulder surgery, and I'm actually starting to get better.  After my visit to the ER last week, I wasn't sure what was going to happen.  What my family doctor, Dr. Nancy Griffith, found out, was that the medicine that my surgeon put me on after surgery, was causing an allergic reaction.  He put me on Loratab, so Dr. Griffith put me on Tramadol, a different kind of painkiller.  So far, it's made a HUGE difference.  I'm not living in a cloud, I've stopped swelling up, and it takes away the biggest part of the pain.  

Unfortunately, I have been experiencing some depression.  I was starting to go through some depression for about a month before my surgery, but I just tried to pretend it wasn't REAL depression.  I'm usually happy-go-lucky and try to find the sunny side to things, but this was really starting to affect me.  Since the surgery, it has started getting worse, probably due to the Loratab.  Since I've switched meds, it's a little better, but not gone.  Again, I believe there is a reason for everything that I go through.  God will take care of it, whether by divine healing, or some form of medication, whatever He sees fit to do.  I trust Him.

I've been to therapy three times now, and it's starting to loosen up the shoulder, although it still feels like somebody has beat me with a baseball bat most days.  The therapist says that I've got really good range of motion for this soon after surgery, so that's good to hear.  I'm supposed to go back to work on March 22nd, so I hope this thing heals pretty quick.  I've missed church for the last two weeks, due to the pain, and the mess I was going through last week.  I'm going to try to make it next week.  I'm really missing it.  

Things are starting to look up for me.  Thank You God.  You are Good.  All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment