Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Today Is My Birthday!

Every year on my birthday, I am always surprised that I have made it through another year.  When I was younger, I never imagined myself living past the age of 40.  I just assumed I would never see 41.  So, when I did make it past 40, I didn't know what to expect.  Every year I think, will this be the last birthday for me?  I know it sounds odd, but when you've thought something was going to happen for so long, it just gets stuck in there somewhere. 

Today, like every day, I thanked God for another day of life, and in this case, another year.  He has really changed things for me and Carolyn in this last year.  I try to imagine what He will do in the coming year, but I can't go there.  I don't even know if I'll be alive tomorrow or not, much less another year. 

All I do know, is that I am 52 years old, I have a wonderful family, a wonderful and blessed life, and God loves me.  When I finally do leave this place, I have a much better place to go to.  Living for all eternity with my Heavenly Father, and Jesus, His Son, sure beats living here any day.  I will live here as long as God wants me to, then I will go home.  What a day that will be.

1 comment:

  1. Spoken as a true man of Faith! Congratulations on living beyond expectation, finding your faith in the process, and living it loud! ; )
    Happy birthday Alan!
    Lotus

    ReplyDelete