Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Right To Say No

I am a person that loves to help others, whenever possible.  I have always been that way.  I have to say, that it makes me feel good inside, knowing that I have made someones life a little easier.  That being said, I think I am about to turn over a new leaf.

We just recently started going to a new church, and we love it.  I have never been one to just go to church and sit in a pew.  I need to be doing SOMETHING.  So, when we started going to this new church, we looked for things we could do.  We love to sing, so we joined the choir, and also, the Praise and Worship team.  We love it.  Carolyn then heard about the Wednesday night children's program, AWANA, and wanted to join that.  She did.  Suddenly, we have very little free time left.  I, for some reason, love to have free time to get things done around the house, or just be little lazy.  It always makes me feel selfish when I want some time to myself, but I make time for it anyway.  This is where the new leaf thing comes in.

I am going to start making myself say no to things that I just do not have a passion for.  I am still going to help people, I can't help that.  But I am going to have to start saying NO every now and then.  I don't want to, but there are so many people that just expect you to drop everything and help them, no matter what, or when. 

It's always been mine and Carolyn's nature to help people when asked, it's how we're wired, I guess.  But I am going to have to just start saying no, thank you.  sorry.  can't do it right now.  booked solid.  not going to happen.  can't help you.

I have talked to God about this, and I will do whatever He tells me to do, of course.  But unless I feel Him leading me to do something, I am going to start being a little more objective on what I decide to do, from now on.

Not a very exciting post this time, but something that is weighing heavily on my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment