Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ringing The Bell

Carolyn and I did something today that I have never done.  We helped ring bells for the Salvation Army.  Granted, we only did it for an hour, but the experience was pretty cool.  I've always seen the volunteers standing out in all kinds of weather, ringing those bells, and I always wondered who they were.  Where did they come from.  Well, they are me.  I am them.  Anybody can volunteer to help collect money for the Salvation Army. 

The cool part for us, besides being able to help people, was getting to stand with our friends, Karen and Brook Evans.  They are friends of ours from our church.  We also got to talk to several people going into, and coming out of, Kroger.  I was surprised by the amount of people who just automatically stopped and dropped money in the bucket.  The little kids who put every individual coin in one at a time were my favorite.

I am a people watcher.  I am not a stalker, I just like to watch people interacting with each other.  You can tell alot about a person by how they react to the public.  I like to go to the mall on a busy weekend night during Christmas shopping season, and just watch people.  It's better than any TV show I could watch. 

I have attached a link to a little video I took of Carolyn, Brook, and Karen while they were doing their volunteer duty.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw3Kn4c_1FA

No comments:

Post a Comment