Tuesday, November 9, 2010

God's Love

This is a poem that I wrote today.  I thank God for the words He gives me.


I am in this world
Susceptible to pain, grief, and failure
But I am not of this world
Accessible to grace, mercy, and forgiveness


The world knocks me down
But the Hand of God picks me up
The darkness of the world leaves me cold
But the light of God fills me with warmth


I am bombarded by hate all day long
I gently extend a hand of love
Temptations attack me from all sides
God’s love surrounds me like armor


The world says to hold on to all it has to offer
But my hands are open, to receive all God’s blessings
The world says that I can’t do it
But God says nothing is impossible for Him


I appreciate the home God has given me here
But I have a better home waiting, not built by human hands
The world says this is it, no Heaven or Hell to worry about
But I believe there is more to this life, than what my eyes can see


Light and peace, or darkness and fear
To me, of course, the choice is clear
I would rather live one day, in the presence of God
Than live a million lifetimes in this forsaken world


Come quickly Lord Jesus, take hold of my hand
And lead me into that faraway land
Where my eyes will never more close in sleep
And all that You have sown, I will evermore reap.

No comments:

Post a Comment